Here’s a shower thought: Bold tile is the antidote to a boring bathroom.
1. Tile an accent wall to bring in a pop of color or pattern without overwhelming the space.
2. Lay inexpensive subway tile in an unexpected pattern, like step ladder or stacked vertical.
Design News Alerts
Get the latest Interior Design tips and trends from Livabl sent to your inbox
3. Install the same tile on the back wall panel and floor for a seamless transition.
4. Tile the shower niche in a playful, contrasting pattern.
5. Add visual interest with a decorative tile border.
6. Disguise a not-so-pretty acrylic tub by extending tile up the side of it.
7. Shake things up using two different colors of the same tile on the shower surround.