Don’t throw in the towel on tidying up your laundry room.
1. Hang an aesthetically pleasing drying rack, like this leather and gold design.
2. Add a narrow utility sink for handwashing clothes or scrubbing out pesky stains.
3. Install a space-saving barn door in lieu of a hinged door.
Design News Alerts
Get the latest Interior Design tips and trends from Livabl sent to your inbox
4. Corral laundry detergent, dryer sheets and stain removers in woven storage baskets.
5. Utilize vertical storage, such as these affordable IKEA PAX wardrobe units.
6. Embrace a bright and airy color palette to make the space seem larger than it is.
7. Install a butcher block countertop over the washer and dryer for easy folding.
8.Opt for closed storage to reduce visual clutter.
9. Make use of dead space by rolling in a skinny utility cart.
10. Invest in a slide-out ironing board so you’ll never have to hear that shrill squeaking noise again.
11. Or add pull-out cabinet organizers to access cleaning supplies with ease.
12. Dress up the walls with decor rather than valuable work surfaces.
13. Take advantage of the backs of laundry closet doors.
14. Choose wall-mounted taps if you’re short on counter space.
15. And finally, swap out branded packaging for sleek glass containers.