Sick of the same old, same old? Give one of these living room design ideas a go.
1. Layer area rugs to cover more square footage and up the coziness factor.
2. Install a picture ledge to easily switch out artwork and family photos.
3. Rethink your fireplace — use paint, tile, stone veneer, or invest in a whole new mantle.
Design News Alerts
Get the latest Interior Design tips and trends from Livabl sent to your inbox
4. Fill an awkward corner with a large indoor plant.
5. Do a quick and easy paint update, like this moody, half-painted wall.
6. Upgrade your lighting, an often overlooked design element.
7. Be bold with your choice of accent chairs — they’re less of an investment than a sofa.
8. Choose a different shaped coffee table than the one you owned previously.
9. Carve out a little reading corner where you can get lost in a good book.
10. Do a clutter sweep, removing any unnecessary decor.
11. Wallpaper a feature wall (choose peel-and-stick if you’re afraid of commitment).
12. Shop your own house to restyle shelves and other flat surfaces.
13. Add a trendy new throw pillow into the mix.
14. Create a focal point by DIY-ing a piece of oversized art, like this Ellie Cashman wallpaper applied to a canvas.