So many tiles, so many pattern possibilities.
1. Laying square tile in a vertical brickwork pattern.
2. Opting for a half-tiled tub surround (in retro pink, of course).
3. Installing matte-finish, elongated subway tile vertically.
Design News Alerts
Get the latest Interior Design tips and trends from Livabl sent to your inbox
4. Straight-stacking 2×8-inch tiles for a modern look.
5. Combining two tile shapes in the same color.
6. Pairing picket tile with a square-shaped mosaic.
7. Going pattern crazy with buffalo check cement tile.
8. Or limiting a bold pattern to just one wall.
9. Capping off a penny round tile backsplash with pencil molding.
10. Inlaying tile in a contrasting color to add interest.
11. Coupling fish scale tile with large-format porcelain.
12. Connecting tile to hardwood flooring.
13. Laying porcelain tile in an eye-catching herringbone pattern.
14. Installing trapezium tile in a mesmerizing geometric pattern.
15. And finally, using both high- and low-priced materials to create a striking shower feature.