Lakeside living at its finest.
1. Hang hand-painted paddles above the bed in lieu of a traditional headboard.
2. Frame a vintage map of the lake you reside on for easy wall art.
3. Add rustic texture with wall treatments, like this mix of galvanized metal and shiplap.
Design News Alerts
Get the latest Interior Design tips and trends from Livabl sent to your inbox
4. Opt for slipcovered sofas as most are machine-washable.
5. Decorating with vintage finds and family heirlooms lends authenticity.
6. Choose an affordable, yet durable countertop material, such as this faux-marble laminate.
7. Update tired-looking cottage cabinets with a can of paint and new pulls.
8. Incorporate traditional patterns, like bold gingham or nautical stripes.
9. Embrace knotty pine for its warmth and character.
10. Upcycle tree stumps on your property into outdoor accent tables.
11. Use boat cleats as hooks to hang up wet towels.
12. You can never go wrong with a blue and white color scheme.
13. Select artwork that reflects your natural surroundings.
14. Paint wooden floors for an unexpected pop of color.
15. Decorate with organic materials, such as sheepskin throws and renewable rattan.
16. Upholster a headboard with a well-loved wool blanket.
17. If you’ve got a fireplace, make it the focal point of your furniture layout.
18. Keep the bathroom decor neutral and serene.
19. And finally, pile on the textiles to ensure a cottage-cozy atmosphere.