Let it all hang out.
1. Metallic sconces put the spotlight on floating shelves that flank the stove.
2. A mix of cookbooks and kitchenwares creates an eclectic feel.
3. Polished gold brackets pop against a subway tile backsplash.
4. Hanging shelves are a fresh take on the kitchen design trend.
5. Pipe shelving adds industrial modern flair.
6. High-placed wraparound shelves offer a unique silhouette.
7. Stacks of colorful dishes brighten up a neutral-toned kitchen.
8. Matching open shelving to lower cabinets creates continuity.
9. Recessed open shelving provides the opportunity for decorative lighting.
10. Knotty pine paired with vintage pottery lends a rustic feel.
11. Shelves that run the full length of the wall offer ample storage.
12. Afraid of commitment? Experiment with just one or two shelves.
13. Hooks help to maximize every square inch of space.
14. Corner shelving is also a smart solution for tiny kitchens.
15. A single, wraparound shelf allows you to display artwork and collectibles.
16. Scissor gate-style brackets give off a Steampunk vibe.
17. And finally, a painted backdrop delivers beautiful color contrast.