Upgrading flatpack furniture as BESTÅ we can.
2. This BESTÅ TV stand received a mid-century makeover with updated hardware and new legs.
Design News Alerts
Get the latest Interior Design tips and trends from Livabl sent to your inbox
3. This savvy DIYer replaced the plastic top of a $6.99 MARIUS stool with a pine round.
4. This ALEX desk looks totally retro with a set of custom legs.
5. This IVAR shelving unit is totally on-trend with leather pulls.
6. And this TARVA* dresser in a baby’s nursery is anything but ordinary.
*The TARVA dresser has been discontinued.
7. This colorful BEKVAM stool looks like a great project for beginners.
8. This FINTORP rail is decorative and functional when used in the kitchen.
9. These MOSSLANDA picture ledges can hold more than family photos.
10. And these RÅSKOG utility carts were customized using spray paint and stencils.
11. This KURA was crafted into an adorable house bed for a child.
12. This LACK coffee table was hacked using a roll of marble contact paper.
13. This SÖDERHAMN modular sofa looks insanely chic with a set of Prettypegs.
14. These two MALM* dressers make for an inspiring workspace.
*The MALM dresser has been recalled.
15. This EKBY VALTER bracket is perfect for hanging a pendant light.
16. This bar used to be a couple of BILLY bookcases (yes, really).
17. This EXPEDIT* shelving unit turned rolling island is seriously awesome.
*EXPEDIT has been replaced by a new line of shelving called KALLAX.
18. This NORDEN sideboard was transformed into a gorgeous double sink vanity.
19. This VITTSJÖ nesting tables hack is super simple — all you need is a can of gold spray.
20. These BEKVÄM spice racks were repurposed as wall mounted bookshelves.
21. This MOPPE mini chest of drawers looks picture perfect with a geo-inspired paint job.
22. This BARSÖ trellis can also be used as a grid moodboard.
23. And finally, this FROSTA stool was hacked into a one-of-a-kind table lamp.