Exterior Details of Quality Construction
1. Architecturally controlled and selected clay brick and complimenting modern stone as per model type. Detailing may vary from Artist’s concept and are subject to grade conditions.
2. Engineered flooring system on the ground and second floor (excluding landings), to reduce squeaking and warping causing humps.
3. Poured concrete basement floors and foundation walls with damp proofing, weeping tiles and drainage membrane to walls.
4. Fully drywalled garage walls (skim coat and primed) excluding concrete or block walls.
5. Steel insulated garage to house access door installed with dead bolt and safety closer if grading permits.
6. For economical heating, the home will be insulated in accordance with the current Ontario Building Code, specifications including expanding foam insulation to all garage ceilings and around all windows and doors.
7. All homes feature (+/-) 9’ ceilings on main and second floors (excluding bulkheads and low areas due to structural or mechanical details). Many designs have double height features, vaulted and cathedral ceilings as per plan.
8. Covered porches & porticos enhancing select elevations.
9. Maintenance free pre-finished aluminum soffits, fascia, eaves trough, downpipes, and siding – all architecturally designed and approved.
10. Colour coordinated self-sealing asphalt shingles. Accenting metal roof details as per plan.
11. Aluminum or vinyl exterior railings for both porch (where required by building code) and decorative applications.
12. Vinyl casement windows throughout featuring mullions on front elevations as per plan. All door systems include weather stripping.
13. Vinyl horizontal basement windows (30”x16”) with window \wells as required.
14. Tasteful municipal address plaques provided.
15. Fully sodded lot, with precast concrete slab walkway from driveway to front porch.
16. All lookout or deck lot grade conditions will receive a standard deck with steps to grade. Walkout lot grade conditions will receive a Juliet guard on main floor access doors to rear yard. Standard grade lots will receive precast (steps) on ground floor access doors to rear yard.
17. The basecoat paving is included at no extra cost, however the topcoat paving (installed one year after the base) shall be charged on closing in the amount of $2,000.00 for a single-car driveway.
18. Purchaser acknowledges that home may be sited on lot in mirror image/reverse siting.
19. Front porches may incorporate recessed steps/railings where grade requires. Number of steps at the front porch may vary due to grade conditions.
Energy Efficient Features
1. All Homes feature an HRV System (Heat Recovery Ventilator) – distributing fresh air throughout the home.
2. Programmable Electronic Thermostat to better regulate temperature distribution over non-peak time. Thermostat also controls hot water tank.
3. Low-flow toilet system featured throughout all baths.
4. Sealed basement ducts – this practice significantly reduces heat loss at duct joints.
5. MOEN Eco-Performance showerheads.
6. Steel insulated roll-up garage door, complete with decorative glass panels aiding in the reduction of lumber usage and assisting to provide an insulated element within the garage area.
7. Expanding foam insulation applied around all windows and doors for draft prevention.
Distinctive Interior Features
1. Electric fireplace in family/great room complete with mantel surround as per plan.
2. Where applicable, interior column profile shall be square. All art niches to have MDF ledge as finished detail as per plan.
3. Modern (+/-) 3” baseboard with Modern (+/-) 2-1/2” casing throughout finished areas (excluding unfinished basement). All arches on ground floor to be trimmed.
4. All interior passage sets, and closet doors will be standard height – Modern smooth flat slab finished (+/-) 6’-8” doors in finished areas (excluding unfinished basement). Satin nickel lever hardware and hinges throughout all interior doors.
5. Natural varnished oak veneer staircase throughout, complete with oak strip hardwood on landings, excluding basement.
6. House to receive oak handrail and (+/-) 3” newel post with cap, along with (+/-) 1-5/16” wood pickets as per plan. All upper hallways to receive natural finish oak nosing’s complete with oak stringers (side of staircase).
7. All interior trim and doors are painted classic white with interior walls to be painted white.
8. Smooth ceiling on main floor and stippled ceiling with 4” smooth border on second floor (where smooth ceilings do not apply). Finished basement areas (where applicable) to have stippled ceiling with 4” smooth border. Kitchen, bathrooms and laundry to receive smooth ceilings in finished areas.
9. Shelving installed in all closets.
10. One interior paint colour throughout.
11. Professional home cleaning prior to occupancy, including windows and furnace/duct system.
Kitchen, Baths & Laundry
1. All Kitchens feature extended upper cabinets. Islands, pantry, and extended breakfast bars as per plan with your choice of doors from Builder’s standard samples.
2. All homes to have Builder’s Level 1 granite with 3/4” straight edge countertop without bullnose or counter backsplash in kitchen. Bathroom and laundry room to receive laminate countertops.
3. Provisional rough-in for future dishwasher (electrical run from panel to underside of dishwasher space in basement).
4. Durable stainless steel undermount sink with single-lever pull-out faucet in kitchen.
5. Premium single-lever low-flow faucets featured throughout all bathrooms, including powder room.
6. A wide assortment of contemporary ceramic tile flooring in foyer, mud room, kitchen, breakfast area, laundry room and bathrooms as per plan.
7. Choice of ceramic wall tiles installed in combination tub and shower enclosures up to but not including ceiling.
8. Framed shower enclosure in master ensuite. Water resistant drywall enclosed showers to receive fully tiled walls, including ceilings.
9. Mirrors over vanities in all bathrooms, including powder room.
10. Exhaust fans in all bathrooms.
11. All bathroom tub and shower enclosures to receive mould resistant drywall board.
12. Stand alone soaker tub with deck-mounted faucet as per plan.
13. Marble threshold and jambs in all shower stalls.
14. Due to the variety in client tastes, bath accessories (towel bars and toilet paper holders), are not provided.
15. Laundry room to include white drop-in laundry tub including base cabinet and laminate countertop or standalone laundry tub with taps as per plan.
1. 3” wide prefinished engineered hardwood in natural finish throughout main level and upper hall (bedroom level), excluding tiled areas.
2. Quality broadloom carpet with under pad on second floor living areas and bedrooms. Choice of one colour.
3. A wide assortment of imported contemporary ceramic floor tiles in all finished areas on ground and second floors in indicated tiled areas.
1. All homes feature an HRV System (Heat Recovery Ventilator)
– distributing fresh air throughout the home and minimizing poor air contaminants.
2. Forced air high-efficiency gas furnace (location may vary from plan and shall be moved to optimize performance at Vendors discretion).
3. Flexible water pipe solution using PEX (polyethylene) to reduce noise erosion and eliminate solder contaminants within plumbing system.
4. Exhaust fans installed in all finished bathrooms.
5. Two exterior hose bibs are provided, one at the rear (or side) and one in garage.
6. Laundry tub includes hot/cold water connections.
7. Classic white plumbing fixtures for all bathrooms complete with shut off valves.
8. All shower areas to receive the comfort of pressure balance control valves.
9. All sinks and toilets to include separate shut-off valves.
10. Ductwork sized to accommodate future air conditioning.
1. Ceiling fixtures in all bedrooms, hallways, mud room/area, foyer, kitchen, breakfast area, living room, dining room, and family/great room. Bathrooms to receive wall-mounted light fixture over vanity, excluding powder room.
2. 100-amp electrical service with circuit breaker panel to utility standards.
3. 220-volt heavy-duty receptacle for dryer.
4. One electrical outlet in island, where applicable, as per plan.
5. Two exterior weatherproof electrical outlets, one at front porch and one at rear of home.
6. One holiday receptacle for front porch, on separate controlled switch.
7. Ground fault interrupter receptacles, as per building code.
8. The security of hard-wired smoke detectors with strobe lights
on all floors, including lower level, and one carbon monoxide detector as per code requirement.
9. White Decora switches and receptacles throughout.
10. Rough-in for future central vacuum system terminating in the basement, complete with dedicated plug-in basement and garage.
11. Single switch operating all basement lighting.
12. Receptacle(s) located at ceiling for garage door opener(s) and one receptacle on garage wall.
13. Rough-in for future electrical vehicle charging station in garage.
14. Electric door chime at front entry door.
1. State of the art integrated smart home structured wiring terminating in the “Family Room”. This fully integrated home wiring system will provide the Hi-tech infrastructure for today’s technological features and expand to give you the ones you may want in the future such as home-office applications, computer local area networks, high speed Internet, fax, modem, home entertainment, digital audio/ video distribution systems and so much more. Including 1 CAT 5, 1 CAT 3 & 2 RG6 lines.
2. UNIQ COMMUNITIES shall provide a personally scheduled appointment with our qualified Technical Contractor to explain and co-ordinate any additional requirements you may desire. Master bedroom and family room are pre-wired for cable TV and telephone.
Smart Home Automation
1. Builder shall provide your new home with Smart Home technology which will include:
• Smart Home Remote Access + Notifications;
• Smart Lock from garage door into home;
• Smart Thermostat Control;
• 2 Smart Lighting Control Switches;
• 1 Smart Flood Water Sensors;
• 1 Smart Automation Controller;
• Pre-construction design consultation;
• Onsite system configuration test and enrollment;
• Full Smart Home system support; and
• One-Year of 24/7 Smart Home Remote Access and Notifications included.
Builder is dedicated to achieving minimized home deficiencies. We shall achieve this through the efforts our diligent personnel and
thorough Quality Assurance Practices. Given that a home is built with over 45 tradespersons, errors are often common and to be expected, however our desire is to showcase a home that both you and your family can all be proud of.
Two Year Warranty Protection
• The home is free from defects in workmanship and materials including caulking windows and doors so that the building prevents water penetration.
• Defects in workmanship and materials within the distribution of electrical, plumbing and heating systems.
• Defects in workmanship and materials, which resulting in the detachment, displacement, or deterioration of exterior cladding.
• Violations of the Ontario Building Code’s Health and Safety provisions.
• Warranties are limited to the requirements established by the Tarion Corporation Plan Act.
Seven Year Warranty Protection (Major Structural)
• A major structural defect is defined in the Tarion Corporation Plan Act as:
- A defect in workmanship and materials that result in the failure of a load-bearing part of the home’s structure, or any defect in workmanship or material that adversely affects your use of the building as a home.