Agincourt Mall provides a unique city-building opportunity, founded on the retail history of the site while leveraging connections to existing neighbourhoods, transit, parks and open spaces.
Renewal at Agincourt Mall can be a catalyst in strengthening one of Scarborough’s most significant neighbourhoods. Creating new community infrastructure will make this area of Toronto more vibrant, more connected and better suited for tomorrow.
U of T’s Institute for New Suburbanism says: "What if the suburbs were actually the centre of a city? A collection of urban islands—complete communities for residents to work, dine, shop, gather with friends and family, and travel throughout with multiple transportation options."
• Our Plan is a unique city-building opportunity to create a mixed-use community which reflects trends of living, shopping and working in an urban landscape
• This calls for contemporary architecture and exceptional and memorable streets, squares and interior landscapes
• We intend to develop a complete community of retail, culture, leisure, employment and multi-generational residential
• Our Plan embraces the concept of a vibrant mixed-use community while incorporating existing large-scale retail
• We intend to create a strong Public Realm
• Our design incorporates great streets for everyone with connection to the larger surrounding community, the GO Train and future subway/LRT/SmartTrack
• Our plans include a variety of residential architecture including townhomes, midrise and 6- to 8-storey podiums with point towers
Source: Reinvent Agincourt Mall