1. Exceptional designs reflecting elements from French Provincial & Traditional architecture with finishes of stone, stucco & genuine clay brick (precast detailing such as: arches, keystones, banding & sills to front elevations). Elevations are complimented with decorative aluminum frieze board at the rooflines, decorative black metal railing, and vinyl columns, as per elevation. Where additional railing is required at front porches due to grade, coloured vinyl railing will be installed to match vinyl columns.
2. Architecturally controlled exterior colour schemes from Rosehaven’s selections for the purpose of providing a pleasing streetscape.
3. Brick soldier coursing with steel lintels above all second-floor windows, as per elevation.
4. Pre-finished maintenance-free aluminum soffits, fascia, eavestrough, downspouts and ceilings of covered porches.
5. Self-sealing shingled roof.
6. “Porcelain” house number on front elevation, location determined by Rosehaven.
7. Fully sodded front, rear and side yards, (side yards: where continued growth will permit, otherwise gravel will be installed at Rosehaven’s sole discretion).
8. Precast concrete patio slabs from front door to driveway and patio slabs will be installed at rear patio door. (Rosehaven determines number of patio slabs).
9. Two coat paved driveway, at no additional cost.
EXTERIOR WINDOWS AND DOORS
10. Maintenance free vinyl Casement windows with Low E glass, Argon gas and warm edge spacers throughout, basement windows are vinyl sliding windows with Low E glass & warm edge spacers only. All operating windows have screens. Front elevation windows to receive decorative grills, as per elevation.
11. “Transom height” windows to all main floor side and rear windows, at the discretion of Rosehaven Homes.
12. Eight foot (8’0”) tall painted metal insulated front entry door(s) with a glass panel insert, and “Nickel” finish grip set with deadbolt lock, as per
13. Quality painted sectional roll up Insulated garage doors, equipped with high-quality, heavy-duty springs and rust resistant door hardware, and window-lites, as per elevation.
14. 6’8” tall metal insulated interior garage access door (where grade permits, less than 2 risers into house) complete with safety door closure. (Height of door is approximate).
15. Six foot (6’0”) wide vinyl sliding patio door with transom window above at rear of home, on the main floor only, as per plan.
16. Nine Foot (9’0”) high smooth ceilings throughout the main floor. (Some ceilings areas may be lower due to mechanical, structural or decorative
elements including dropped ceiling areas.)
17. Eight foot (8’0”) high second and/or third floor ceiling, as per plan with sprayed stippled ceilings with 3” smooth board to all rooms except
bathrooms & laundry rooms which have easy maintenance smooth ceilings. (Some ceilings areas may be lower due to mechanical, structural or decorative elements including dropped ceiling areas.)
18. Raised 9’0” smooth coffered ceilings in primary bedroom, as indicated on plans.
19. Sprayed stipple ceilings with 3” smooth border when the optional finished lower lever is purchased.
20. Trimmed half walls and trimmed ledges, as per plan.
21. Smooth finish 7’0” tall “Carrara” interior passage & closet doors complete with “Nickel” finish hinges and lever handles. Privacy door locks on all bathrooms.
22. 2 3/4” colonial style casing on all window frames, archways & doors & 4” colonial style baseboards throughout all finished areas.
23. Oak veneer stringers on staircase, natural finish, to finished areas only.
24. Oak grooved handrail with square posts & oak nosing all finished natural clear coat finish with black square metal pickets to finished areas as per plan.
25. Single-sided and/or three-sided gas fireplaces in Single and Semi Detached Homes with a white cabinet mantel.
26. Interior walls to be painted a “cool white” colour throughout including 3” smooth borders on ceilings. All interior walls to be finished in a washable acrylic paint for easy maintenance.
27. Interior trim & doors to be painted “cool white”, to all finished areas.
28. Wire shelving to all closets including linen.
29. Basement cold cellar, complete with weather-stripped steel insulated door, vent, and an electrical light, (door is approx. 6’8” tall), as per plan
30. 12” x 24” imported ceramic floor tile in front foyer, kitchen, breakfast room, all bathrooms, and finished laundry rooms, as per plan. Installed in a stacked pattern, direction at Builder’s discretion.
31. 4” x 3/4” wide plank pre-finished engineered natural finish oak flooring to the main floor hall, living/dining, family room or great room, and study, as per plan (pre-finished engineered floor dimensions are approximate).
32. 30 oz. Berber carpet with 1/4” underpad OR 40 oz. Polyester carpet with 1/2” chip foam underpad to all other non-tiled finished areas, including upper hall, all bedrooms & closets, stairs treads/risers and stair landings, and optional finished lower lever, as per plan. Purchaser to have choice of one colour as per Rosehaven’s selections.
33. Metal edge is installed where carpet abuts ceramic tile and where ceramic tile abuts pre-finished engineered flooring.
34. Quality cabinetry with extended upper kitchen cabinets adorned with crown moulding (adding more upper storage), base cabinetry includes one bank of drawers, from Rosehaven’s standard samples on display at the décor studio, which includes a choice of Maple or Oak veneer doors and laminate doors.
35. Full depth fridge upper with crown moulding & fridge gables as required, as per plan.
36. Stone kitchen counter tops with a mitred edge and a clean-cut finish where countertop meets the wall.
37. Stainless steel finish, double bowl, undermount kitchen sink.
38. Polished chrome pull-out spray, single lever faucet.
39. Stainless finish hood exhaust fan with vent to exterior, with 6” ducting.
40. Rough-In dishwasher provisions include open space in cabinetry, breaker and sealed junction box for future dishwasher.
41. Kitchen islands are secured with fixed electrical outlet. Peninsulas to receive fixed electrical outlet. Electrical for fridge and stove. Electrical outlets at counter level.
BATHROOM AND LAUNDRY FEATURES
42. White bathroom plumbing fixtures & chrome faucets.
43. Pedestal sink (24”) in powder room, as per plan.
44. Upgraded 5’0” Freestanding tub to Master Ensuite bathroom, with deck mounted polished chrome faucet, as per plan.
45. Separate Shower stalls feature frameless glass enclosure with a glass door, mosaic shower floor including a recessed waterproof ceiling light.
46. Deep acrylic soaking tubs in main baths and secondary ensuites, as per plan.
47. Polished chrome single lever faucets to bathrooms, sinks include pop-up drains (except kitchen & laundry).
48. Polished chrome single lever faucets featuring pressure-balancing faucets in all separate showers and tub enclosures (excluding freestanding tub).
49. Ceramic bathroom accessories to include a towel bar holder & toilet paper dispenser with white ceramic soap dish in bathtub enclosures and shower enclosure.
50. Choice of quality cabinetry from Rosehaven’s standard samples for bathroom vanities.
51. Laminate bathroom counter tops with a contemporary pencil edge and a clean-cut finish where countertop meets the wall.
52. 8” x 16” imported ceramic tile in all bathtub enclosures & non-glass walls in shower stalls up to ceiling only.
53. Bevelled 24” Wide x 42” High mirror over pedestal sink in powder room.
54. Bevelled mirrors - 42” High by approx. the full width of vanity in all bathrooms.
55. Shower wall tiles applied to full height water resistant “moisture barrier” tile backer board. The walls and ceiling of tub enclosures receive full height “green board”.
56. Single basin laundry tub set in base cabinet (cabinet/counter – white melamine only) in all laundry rooms with 2 handle - hot and cold water faucet. (Where laundry tub is located in the basement, no cabinetry is provided)
CONVENIENCE AND SAFETY
57. Pre-wired for television: four (4) cable TV rough-ins (RG-6) and four (4) telephone/computer rough-in locations (Cat-5e) all home run to one
location in the basement. Both cable & telephone are wired in living room or great room & 3 principal bedrooms, where family room or study is shown one bedroom will be eliminated and one cable & phone rough-in will be installed in the family room or study, whichever is applicable at Rosehaven’s discretion.
58. All air ducts to be cleaned prior to closing.
59. Electric door chime installed.
60. Carbon monoxide detector(s), hard wired, per ESA Standards/Building Code.
61. Interconnected smoke detectors, per ESA Standards/Building Code.
62. One garage electrical ceiling outlet centred, for future garage door opener(s).
ENERGY EFFICIENT FEATURES
63. Rosehaven Homes introduces “H.E.R.S.” Home Energy Rating System to On the Ridge in Stoney Creek. All of our designs have been reviewed and assessed by a third-party Certified Home Energy Rating System (H.E.R.S.) Rater. Each home will be built to exceed the current Ontario Building Code Requirements. The Certified H.E.R.S. Rater initially determines the “projected rating” of each Rosehaven Home prior to construction, by reviewing our energy features such as insulation, windows, heating & cooling system, water heating in addition to our standard best building practices. Once the house is complete and just prior to closing the Certified H.E.R.S. Rater will return to the home to verify the energy features installed and also determines the homes air tightness after which the “confirmed rating” of the home is established. On the H.E.R.S. Index the lower the score the better. A Certificate is issued for each Rosehaven Home which reflects the H.E.R.S. rating compared to the Ontario Building Code.
64. High-Efficiency, Forced-Air Gas furnace with E.C.M. blower motor, complete with electronic ignition & power vented to exterior. All ducting
is sized for future air conditioning.
65. All homes are equipped with a high efficiency HRV – Heat Recovery Ventilator (not ducted, exhaust only) which allows fresh filtered air to come into the home, through the heat exchange core, this tempered fresh air is distributed throughout the home through the ductwork, the exhaust ducts collect the stale air and draws it back to the heat exchanger at the same rate as fresh air comes in, after giving up its heat to the incoming air the exhaust air is forced outdoors.
66. All heating/cooling supply transverse joints, branch take-offs, branch supply joints and manufactured beaded joints on round perimeter pipes located on all floors will be sealed.
67. The high efficiency hot water tank is power vented and is on a rental basis.
68. Automatic set back Thermostat centrally located on the main floor.
69. All homes are equipped with a “Power pipe heat exchanger”. A heat recovery system which provides energy savings for heating your homes hot water. Drain pipe(s) in the basement will receive the “drain water heat recovery system” this will be installed to a drain that services a shower. The drains’ location is solely determined by Rosehaven.
70. All finished bathrooms & laundry room include a high-performance exhaust fan, with a low sones (sound rating) vented to the exterior.
ELECTRICAL, PLUMBING AND GAS
71. Black Aluminum Entry Coach Lamps at all exterior doors and garage doors, location and number determined by Rosehaven Homes. (Exterior doors include front entry, sliding patio & balcony French doors)
72. Three (3) exterior electrical outlets: one located in garage, one waterproof at rear of house, one waterproof outlet at front of house.
73. Self-sealing airtight plastic electrical outlet boxes to all exterior walls & insulated ceilings.
74. 200 AMP Electrical service complete with circuit breaker panel and copper wiring throughout.
75. Rough-in for future Electric Vehicle Charging Station, consisting of a rough-in for a conduit connected to an electrical box in the garage, location to be determined by Rosehaven.
76. Décor white switches and plugs throughout. Switches installed approx.
42” above the floor. (Except bathrooms which may be at a standard height, Rosehaven’s discretion)
77. Interior ceiling mounted light fixtures throughout all finished halls, all bedrooms, studies & laundry rooms (Except family, great room & living room will receive a switched wall outlet).
78. Hanging light fixture to hall and one hanging light fixture to kitchen breakfast area and complimenting ceiling mount fixture to kitchen work
area. (Hall light fixture will either be at open to above area in foyer or over stairs, location determined by Rosehaven)
79. Wall mount light fixture centred over each sink in all bathrooms and powder room.
80. Capped ceiling light outlet with switch provided for future dining room light fixture.
81. Heavy-duty electrical outlet and outside vent for future dryer in laundry room.
82. Ground fault interrupter protection in all bathrooms and powder room.
83. Electrical outlet with integrated USB port in kitchen & master bedroom.
84. Two hose bibs will be installed to each home, one in the garage and one at the rear of the home, location will be determined by Rosehaven Homes.
85. Innovative thermoplastic plumbing supply lines throughout. Advantages: less copper in water, reduced knocking, less condensation.
86. Second floor laundry rooms only, will receive a floor drain & a raised threshold in the laundry room and ceramic tile baseboard.
87. Drain and water connections featuring hot and cold water shut off valves and an electrical outlet for future washer.
88. Finished laundry rooms feature the shut off valves and drain connection installed in a convenient recessed wall box located above future appliances.
89. Shut off valves to all bathroom sinks & toilets.
90. Rough-in drains for future 3-piece bathroom in basement, location as per plan.
91. Barbeque Gas line to rear of home, location determined by Rosehaven.
92. Structurally sound 2” x 6” exterior wall, wood framed construction or to O.B.C. specifications.
93. Engineered floor joist system or equivalent to O.B.C.
94. 3/4” Tongue and groove sub-flooring throughout.
95. Air barrier installation on basement walls for improved humidity control (excluding cold room).
96. Steel beam construction in basement, as per plan.
97. Poured concrete basement walls with drainage membrane & heavy-duty damp proofing.
98. Poured concrete basement floor slab including backflow sewage preventor.
99. Insulation to walls, attic, ceiling garage (where required) overhangs with livable space above and basement comply with the O.B.C. standards.
100. Sprayed foam insulation to garage ceilings & overhangs with livable areas above.
101. Entire garage finished with drywall for gas proofing purpose only, as per Part-9 of the OBC, excluding exposed poured/block concrete.
102. The common wall(s) of our Townhome and Semi-Detached homes will be a double stud wall which will receive sound absorptive material on each side to the underside of the top-floor ceiling, within the attic space the units are separated through the use of trusses and fire rated drywall.
103. Where decks are required at the rear patio door due to grade conditions the following features are standard and included in any premium: A pressure treated wood deck (6’ x 8’ or equiv.) with stairs to grade, and 30”x 24” (approx.) vinyl basement windows with Low E glass, argon gas
& warm edge spacers, in the rear basement.
104. Where “Look Out” basement conditions are applicable the following features are standard and included in any premium: off the main floor rear patio door, a pressure treated wood deck (6’ x 8’ or equiv.) with stairs to grade, and oversized vinyl casement windows with Low E glass, argon gas & warm edge spacers, in the rear basement.
105. Where “Walk Out” basement conditions are applicable the following features are standard and included in any premium: basement vinyl
sliding patio door with Low E glass, argon gas and warm edge spacers, and oversized vinyl casement windows with Low E glass, argon gas and warm edge spacers, an additional exterior light, and electrical outlet. (Additional brick, framing, insulation) Off of the main floor rear patio door a pressure treated wood balcony (6’ x 8’ or equivalent).
ROSEHAVEN HOMES DÉCOR STUDIO
All Interior selections will be made at the Rosehaven Homes Décor Studio located in Oakville, from Rosehaven’s standard samples, during a private appointment (scheduled Monday – Friday during normal business hours) with the Rosehaven’s Décor Consultant. At this time, you will also have the opportunity to purchase and incorporate upgraded finishing touches to your new Rosehaven Home.
ROSEHAVEN HOMES HAS BEEN COMMITTED TO PROVIDING EXCELLENT SERVICE UNDER THE GUIDELINES OF THE TARION WARRANTY CORPORATION SINCE 1992.
• The Vendor reserves the rights to substitute alternative materials and fixtures of equal or better quality.
• All illustrations are artist’s concepts. The purchaser acknowledges that the floor plan may be reversed.
• The Purchaser acknowledges that there shall be no reduction in the Purchase Price or credit / supply / pick up for any standard feature listed herein which is omitted at the Purchaser’s request.
• Tubs shapes depicted on the brochure may not reflect the actual shape of tub installed, and the Purchaser(s) agree(s) to accept tub as installed. Specifications and conditions are subject to change without notice. All references to sizes, measurements, construction styles, brand/industry names or terms may be subject to change or variation within industry accepted standards & tolerances. All references to features and finishes are as per applicable elevation/plan, and each item may not be included in each home. All features & finishes where a selection is provided will be selected from Rosehaven’s predetermined standard selections.