EXTERIOR DETAILS OF QUALITY CONSTRUCTION
1. Architecturally selected clay brick and complimenting modern smooth face stone as per model type. Detailing may vary from Artist’s concept and are subject to grade conditions.
2. Engineered flooring system on the ground and second floor (excluding landings), to reduce squeaking and warping causing humps.
3. Poured concrete basement floors and foundation walls with damp proofing, weeping tiles and drainage membrane to walls.
4. Fully drywalled garage walls (skim coat and primed) excluding concrete or block walls.
5. Steel insulated garage to house access door installed with dead bolt and safety closer, if grading permits.
6. For economical heating, the home will be insulated in accordance with the Energy Star Guidelines, which exceed the current Ontario Building Code, specifications including expanding foam insulation to all garage ceilings and around all windows and doors.
7. All homes feature 9’ ceilings on ground and second floors (excluding bulkheads and low areas due to structural or mechanical details). Many designs have double height features, vaulted and cathedral ceilings as per plan.
8. Convenient cold cellars with vent chamber and switched interior light, as per plan if grade permits.
9. Covered porches & porticos enhancing select elevations.
10. Maintenance free pre-finished aluminum soffits, fascia, eaves trough, downpipes and siding – all architecturally designed and approved.
11. Colour coordinated self-sealing asphalt shingles. Accenting metal roof details as per plan.
12. Aluminum exterior railings for both porch (where required by building code) and decorative applications.
13. Energy Star vinyl thermo pane casement windows throughout featuring mullions on front elevations as per plan. All door systems include weather stripping.
14. Vinyl horizontal basement windows (30”x16”) with window wells as required.
15. Tasteful municipal address plaques provided.
16. Fully sodded lot, with precast concrete slab walkway from driveway to front porch.
17. The basecoat paving is included at no extra cost, however the top coat paving (installed one year after the base) shall be charged on closing in the amount of $700.00 for a single driveway and $950.00 for a double driveway.
ENERGY EFFICIENT FEATURES
1. All Homes feature an HRV System (Heat Recovery Ventilator) – distributing fresh air throughout the home.
2. Programmable Electronic Thermostat in order to better regulate temperature distribution over non-peak time. Thermostat also controls hot water tank.
3. Low-flow toilet system featured throughout all baths.
4. Sealed basement ducts – this practice significantly reduces heat loss at duct joints.
5. MOEN Eco-Performance showerheads.
6. Steel insulated roll-up garage door, complete with decorative glass panels aiding in the reduction of lumber usage and assisting to provide an insulated element within the garage area.
7. Expanding foam insulation applied around all windows and doors for draft prevention.
DISTINCTIVE INTERIOR FEATURES
1. Electric fireplace in family/great room complete with mantel surround as per plan.
2. Where applicable, interior column profile shall be square. All art niches to have MDF ledge as finished detail as per plan.
3. 4-1/4” Colonial baseboard with 2-3/4” casing throughout ground and second floor. All arches on ground floor and low walls to be trimmed.
4. All interior passage sets and closet doors will be 6’-8” standard height – 2-panel square top smooth finished profile on ground and second floors. Excluding cold cellar and steel exterior doors (front or garage door).
5. Satin nickel lever hardware and hinges throughout all interior doors.
6. Natural varnished oak veneer staircase throughout, complete with oak strip hardwood on landings, excluding basement.
7. House to receive 2-3/4” oak handrail and newel post, with the option of 1-5/16” wood pickets as per plan. All upper hallways to receive natural finish oak nosings complete with oak stringers (side of staircase).
8. All interior trim and doors are painted classic white with interior walls to be painted white.
9. Professional home cleaning prior to occupancy, including windows and furnace/duct system.
10. Stippled ceiling with 4” smooth border throughout entire home (where smooth ceilings do not apply). Kitchen, bathrooms and laundry (ground or second floor) to receive smooth ceilings.
11. Wire shelving in installed in all closets
12. One interior low VOC paint colour throughout.
KITCHEN, BATHS & LAUNDRY
1. All Kitchens feature extended upper cabinets. Islands, pantry and extended breakfast bars as per plan with your choice of doors from Builder’s standard samples.
2. All homes to have Builder’s Level 1 granite with 3/4” straight edge countertop without bullnose or counter backsplash.
3. Provisional rough-in for future dishwasher (electrical run from panel to underside of dishwasher space in basement).
4. Durable stainless steel undermount sink with MOEN single-lever pull-out faucet.
5. Premium single-lever low-flow MOEN faucets featured throughout all bathrooms, including powder room.
6. A wide assortment of 13”x13” contemporary ceramic tile flooring in foyer, kitchen, breakfast area, laundry room and ground and second floor bathrooms as per plan.
7. 8”x10” ceramic wall tiles installed in combination tub and shower enclosures up to but not including ceiling.
8. Framed shower enclosure in master ensuite. Drywall enclosed showers to receive fully tiled walls, including ceilings.
9. Mirrors over vanities in all bathrooms, including powder room.
10. Exhaust fans in all bathrooms.
11. All bathroom tub and shower enclosures to receive mould resistant drywall board.
12. Stand alone soaker tub with MOEN deckmounted faucet as per plan.
13. Marble threshold and jambs in all shower stalls.
14. Due to the variety in client tastes, bath accessories (towel bars and toilet paper holders), are not provided.
15. Laundry room to include white drop-in laundry tub including base cabinet and laminate countertop or standalone laundry tub with taps as per plan.
1. 3” wide prefinished engineered hardwood in natural finish throughout ground floor, excluding tiled areas.
2. Quality broadloom carpet with quality underpad on second floor living areas and bedrooms, except tiled areas. Choice of one colour.
3. A wide assortment of imported 13”x13” contemporary ceramic floor tiles on ground and second floors in indicated tiled areas.
4. Imported 8”x10” ceramic wall tiles installed in combination tub, and shower enclosures up to but not including ceiling. If upgraded, glass shower stalls purchased are to receive tiles on wall only, excluding ceiling.
1. All Poetry Living homes feature an HRV System (Heat Recovery Ventilator) – distributing fresh air throughout the home and minimizing poor air contaminants.
2. Forced air Hi-Efficiency gas furnace (location may vary from plan and shall be moved to optimize performance at Vendors discretion).
3. Flexible water pipe solution using PEX (polyethylene) to reduce noise erosion and eliminate solder contaminants within plumbing system.
4. Exhaust fans installed in all finished bathrooms.
5. Two exterior hose bibs are provided, one at the rear (or side) and one in garage.
6. Laundry tub includes hot/cold water connections.
7. Classic white plumbing fixtures for all bathrooms complete with shut off valves.
8. All shower areas to receive the comfort of pressure balance control valves.
9. All sinks and toilets to include separate shut-off valves.
10. Ductwork sized to accommodate future air conditioning.
1. Energy Star Qualified ceiling fixtures in all bedrooms, hallways, mud room/area, foyer, kitchen, breakfast area, den, formal room, living room, dining room, and family/great room. Bathrooms to receive wall-mounted light fixture over vanity, excluding powder room.
2. 200-amp electrical service with breaker panel and copper wiring throughout.
3. 220-volt Heavy-duty receptacle for dryer.
4. Two exterior weatherproof electrical outlets, one at front porch and one at rear of home.
5. One holiday receptacle for front porch, on separate controlled switch.
6. Ground fault interrupter receptacles, as per building code.
7. The security of hard-wired smoke detectors on all floors, including lower level, and one carbon monoxide detector as per code requirement.
8. White Decora switches and receptacles throughout.
9. Rough-in for future central vacuum system terminating in the basement, complete with dedicated plug in basement and garage.
10. Single switch operating all basement lighting.
11. Receptacle(s) located at ceiling for garage door opener(s) and one receptacle on garage wall.
12. Rough-in for future electrical vehicle charging station in garage.
1. State of the art integrated smart home structured wiring terminating in the “Family Room”. This fully integrated home wiring system will provide the Hi-tech infrastructure for today’s technological features and expand to give you the ones you may want in the future such as home-office applications, computer local area networks, high speed Internet, fax, modem, home entertainment, digital audio/ video distribution systems and so much more. Including 1 CAT 5, 1 CAT 3 & 2 RG6 lines.
2. POETRY LIVING shall provide a personally scheduled appointment with our qualified Technical Contractor to explain and coordinate any additional requirements you may desire. Master bedroom and family room are pre-wired for cable TV and telephone.
SMART LIVING AUTOMATION
POETRY LIVING shall provide your new home with Smart Home technology which will include:
• Smart Home Remote Access + Notifications;
• Smart Lock from garage door into home;
• Smart Thermostat Control;
• 2 Smart Lighting Control Switches;
• 1 Smart Flood Water Sensors;
• 1 Smart M-Series Automation Controller;
• Pre-construction design consultation;
• Onsite system configuration test and enrollment;
• Full Smart Home system support; and
• One Year of 24/7 Smart Home Remote Access and Notifications included.
ENERGY STAR PROGRAM
1. Low E and Argon to all windows with insulated spacers. Windows installed with expandable foam at perimeter and caulked on the exterior. (excluding basement windows).
2. Insulation to exterior walls R22+R5, attic space R60, full height R20 on basement walls (to within 6” of basement floor).
3. Spray foam insulation in garage ceiling below livable space in addition to cantilevered areas with living space above. (R31).
4. All supply ductwork to be sealed with foil tape or mastic sealant.
5. Forced air, high efficiency gas fired heating system.
6. Water heating equipment complying with energy efficiency regulations. This equipment is a gas rental unit, direct vented or power vented to the exterior. Purchaser to execute agreement with designated supplier prior to closing.
7. Thermostat centrally located on main floor.
8. Heat Recovery Ventilator (HRV) installed and interlocked with furnace. (Simplified system)
9. Compact fluorescent lighting in all standard interior light fixtures, excluding fixtures on dimmer switches, optional pot lights, all walk-in closets and finished laundry rooms as per plan.
10. Energy Star qualified exhaust fans in all bathrooms including powder room (where applicable).
11. Independent air tightness test and third party certification