1. Located in center of Brantford DAWN VICTORIA HOME’S BrantWood Village is a neighbourhood community with architecturally controlled elevations and exterior color selections.
2. Elevations include clay brick, veneer stone and siding with architectural features in other materials as per elevations
3. Entry-resistant framing on all perimeter doors (excluding patio doors)
4. Aluminum maintenance-free soffit, downspouts, fascia and eaves-trough
5. Architectural styled laminate fiberglass CertainTeed or equal shingles with a 25-year manufacturer’s limited lifetime warranty (where flat roof is not installed)
6. Insulated metal front entry door with vinyl frame and gripset with deadbolt lock
7. All windows to be vinyl casement with grills as per plan. Basement windows to be vinyl sliders if applicable
8. Sliding patio door or garden door(s) as per plan
9. All windows to have Low E coating and Argon gas, excluding entry door glazing. Patio doors to have Low E coating and Argon Gas
10. Glazed panel in front entry door or side light(s) as per elevation
11. All opening windows and sliding patio doors are complete with screens
12. Moulded steel panel insulated sectional roll-up garage doors equipped with heavy duty springs and long life, rust resistant door hardware as per elevation, where applicable
13. One exterior weatherproof electrical outlets with ground fault interrupter
14. Brushed nickel finish front door entry set and front light on front.
ENERGY MANAGEMENT FEATURES / INSULATION
1. High efficiency furnace installed for heating system.
2. Energy Star Architecturally controlled Casement windows with Low E & argon filled glazing and grills where indicated on plans.
3. All exterior floor to wall joints wrapped with air barrier sheeting.
4. Total minimum insulation value of R-22 in wallsabove grade, R-31 in ceilings at flat roof and R60 in ceilings at truss roof.
5. Entire house interior above grade wrapped in a super 6 ml vapor barrier.
6. Water saver toilets (1.6 gallons per flush) installed in each bathroom.
7. Water saver showerheads and vanity faucets in each bathroom.
8. Energy efficient light bulbs installed in most light fixtures.
SMART HOUSE PRE-WIRING & ROUGH-IN INSTALLATIONS
1. Category 3, telephone wiring, roughed-in to 2 locations (Location to be determined by Builder).
2. Wide Band Data transmission wiring, Category 5, roughed-in to 3 locations (Location to be determined by Builder).
3. RG6, video cable, will be roughed-in to 3 locations (Location to be determined by Builder).
SOUND PROOFING & STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY
1. All floor systems will exceed the Ontario Building Code requirements by at least 25%. This may be accomplished through reduced floor joist spans, added structural floor components, heavier steel beams or otherwise, determined at the Builder’s sole discretion.
2. All floors will be designed and constructed to minimize squeaking and noise transfers with Engineered Joist.
3. Exterior walls are 2 x 6 construction for added thermal insulation performance.
4. Party walls exceed Building Code requirements being constructed of 8” of wood framing, 2 1/2” of drywall and 4” of sound insulation
INTERIOR FEATURES, TRIMS AND FINISHES
1. Nine (9) foot ceilings on ground and main floor with plan permitting. Eight (8) foot ceilings on remaining floors.
2. All Oak Natural Finish colonial railings, spindles and stair stringers ALL finished levels as per plan.
3. 6 panel colonial molded interior passage doors where indicated on plan; and hung in fully cased jambs.
4. 3 7/8” colonial baseboard throughout with quarter round in all tiled areas.
5. 2 3/4” colonial trim on all doorways and windows in all finished areas.
6. Prefinished melamine shelving installed in all closets.
7. Lifetime Brushed Nickel finish on all interior door hardware.
1. Purchaser’s choice of MDF, Maple or Oak quality cabinetry from Builders standard samples.
2. Flush breakfast bar on Kitchen Island, as per plan.
3. Stainless steel double compartment ledge back kitchen sink with single lever Moen faucet (faucet features high temperature limit stop for safety) as shown at floor plans.
4. Two-speed white exhaust hood fan over stove area with vent to exterior with 6” ducting.
5. Heavy duty electrical receptacle for stove and dedicated electrical receptacle for refrigerator.
6. Post formed plastic laminate (Arborite) countertop.
7. Dedicated 20 amp electrical outlets at counter level for small appliances. GFI protection for outlets within 5’ of the kitchen sink.
8. Dishwasher space provided in kitchen cabinets with rough-in wiring and drains.
9. Purchaser’s choice of tile flooring from Builder’s Standard Series
10. All kitchens design to accommodate 36” fridge, 30” stove and 24” dishwasher
BATHROOMS & LAUNDRY FEATURES
1. Main bathroom & Ensuite features tub with tile surround as per plan.
2. Builders Standard Series vanities with post formed plastic laminate (Arborite) countertops.
3. Moen plumbing fixtures.
4. American Standard or equal china sinks.
5. Full width vanity plate mirrors in all bathrooms.
6. Single lever faucets with mechanical pop-up drains throughout except in laundry.
7. Pressure balance temperature control valves in all tub area where shown on plan.
8. GFI Electrical protection in all bathrooms and powder room
9. Exhaust fan vented to the outside in all bathrooms and powder room.
10. All toilets fitted with separate water shut-offs.
1. Interior walls to be painted one colour with premium quality latex paints. Purchaser’s choice of one colour from builder’s standard samples.
2. All ceilings stippled in white, except kitchen and bath areas.
3. All wood trim to be painted designer white.
1. Choice of quality imported ceramic tile standard throughout entry, kitchen, powder room, all bathrooms and laundry area as shown on the brochure. Purchaser to choose from builder’s standard samples.
2. 35 oz. Broadloom with 1/2” chip foam under pad in all finished areas designated for carpet.
3. Tongue and groove sub-flooring screwed and glued down.
DRYWALL AND INSULATION
1. Ceiling drywall is installed over floating metal resilient channels on all trussed ceilings for straighter ceiling finishes
2. Entire garage to be drywalled and taped, whereapplicable
3. All drywall applied with screws- using a minimum number of nails.
HEATING, COOLING AND VENTILATING
1. All homes duct system designed of roughed in for the future installation of air conditioning.
2. All homes will have Gas forced-air High efficiency furnace heating system
3. Power Vented hot water tank is a high output and high efficiency gas fired rental unit vented to exterior. This unit will provide more hot water than a standard hot water tank.
4. Digital thermostat.
1. 100 AMP electrical service complete with circuit breakers in service area.
2. COPPER wire distribution throughout the house to Ontario Hydro standards.
3. Arc Fault interrupter circuits installed everywhere (except fridge, sump pump, bathroom and kitchen)
4. Light fixture package.
5. Switch controlled receptacle in living room.
6. Architecturally controlled exterior lights on front & rear elevation.
7. “Decora” style plugs and switches
8. One ceiling electrical outlet in garage for future garage door, where applicable
9. Electric door chime for front entry
SECURITY AND SAFETY FEATURES
1. Smoke/strobe detectors installed on all floors and in all bedrooms; connected directly to electrical panel (with battery backup as per Code). All smoke detectors are inter-connected (should one trip, they all will sound).
2. Carbon Monoxide detector installed on bedroom level, inter-connected and connected directly to electrical panel (with battery backup as per Code).
3. Hot water tank has electronic ignition and power vent to outside.
4. All electrical outlets installed on outside of unit are ground fault and arc fault protection and in bathrooms they are on ground fault protected circuits and arc fault protection.
5. Deadbolt locks installed on all exterior-swinging doors.
6. Tamper resistant electrical outlets installed everywhere.