Hunker down in style this winter.
1. Pair primitive materials with luxe fabrics to create a look that’s elevated, not kitschy.
2. Curate a collection of speckled stoneware mugs and bowls to display on open shelves.
3. Arrange mismatched chairs around the dining table for an eclectic feel.
Design News Alerts
Get the latest Interior Design tips and trends from Livabl sent to your inbox
4. Never underestimate the power of a quirky, vintage oil painting.
5. Use perfectly imperfect handmade tiles in the kitchen to add visual texture.
6. Complement natural wood with buttery, lived-in leather.
7. Turn an old dresser into a wonderfully weathered bathroom vanity.
8. Create a low-cost art installation using decorative logs (freshly chopped firewood may harbor insects).
9. Choose a wrought-iron bed frame for its timeless simplicity.
10. Contrast wood tones with bright whites to make a space feel airier.
11. Design a nature-themed gallery wall using botanical prints, preserved specimen displays and vintage maps.
12. Couple butcher block countertops with dark painted cabinets for warmth and richness.
13. When in doubt, pile on a few fuzzy sheepskin throws.
14. Give your staircase a rustic modern makeover with an upgraded railing and balusters.
15. Apply beadboard to a blank wall to lend it some architectural character.