No more meals in front of the TV!
1. Opt for a round dining table to allow for better traffic flow and ease of conversation.
2. Anchor your dining table in an open-concept space with a sculptural light fixture.
3. Define the space using a durable area rug that adds some texture.
Design News Alerts
Get the latest Interior Design tips and trends from Livabl sent to your inbox
4. Design bench seating that also incorporates much-needed storage.
5. Consider a glass dining table as it holds less visual weight and makes the space feel airier.
6. Don’t be afraid to use dark colors to create a cozy, intimate vibe.
7. Choose a bench that can nest under the table when it’s not in use.
8. Keep tabletop decor to a minimum and dress up the walls instead.
9. Pick a dining table at a comfortable height that could also function as a desk.
10. Lean an oversized mirror against the wall to fake a larger space and bring in more light.
11. Get your space dinner party-ready with a drop leaf table that fits all of your guests.