If you expect Santa to stop at your house, you’ve got to put in some effort!
1. Hang a garland asymmetrically for a laid-back feel.
2. Vary the height of your decorative elements to create visual interest.
3. Try a cheerful door swag instead of a traditional wreath.
Design News Alerts
Get the latest Interior Design tips and trends from Livabl sent to your inbox
4. Repurpose a pair of ice skates into a door decoration you can display all winter.
5. Lean a vintage sled against the wall for a dose of nostalgia.
6. Keep it simple by framing the entryway with two potted cedars.
7. Prove to everyone what a maximalist you truly are by opting for three wreaths instead of one.
8. Turn a basic throw pillow into a “holiday gift” by tying it with a ribbon.
9. Throw down a doormat (or two) that puts you in the Christmas spirit.
10. Customize store-bought urns using decorations you have around the house, like artificial apples or pinecones.
11. Give your front porch a collected feel by arranging greenery in different types of vessels.
12. Ace the holiday boho aesthetic using a colorful pompom wreath.
13. Or go the minimalist route by corralling birch logs in a galvanized metal bucket.
14. Accessorize a ho-ho-ho-hum wreath with hanging bells.
15. Make an impact with a faux stag head that doubles as a wreath hanger.
16. Or suspend your wreath from a pretty piece of ribbon.
17. And finally, don’t forget to add some sparkle with LED string lights.