Proper bedding is just like fall fashion, it’s all about the layers.
1. Choose crisp white sheets as your base — they’re easy to care for and will match any duvet cover or throw blanket you pair with them.
2. Disguise unsightly under-bed storage with a simple bed skirt.
3. Use euro shams to add instant volume to your pillowscape.
Design News Alerts
Get the latest Interior Design tips and trends from Livabl sent to your inbox
4. Learn to embrace the coverlet (that’s the quilt that goes at the foot of the bed).
5. Mix up the shapes, sizes, colors and textures of your throw pillows.
6. Drape a luxe throw blanket across the bed for added softness.
7. Hide your not-so-pretty memory foam pillows by stacking them behind decorative ones.
8. Size up your duvet and opt for high fill power to give your bed that extra oomph.
9. Go above and beyond by placing a faux sheepskin or serving tray at the foot of the bed (if only for the ‘gram).