Transitional spaces deserve your time and attention.
1. Throw down a brightly hued or texture-rich runner.
2. Paint the trim for an unexpected pop of color.
3. Lean an oversized mirror against the wall to visually open up the space.
4. In need of extra storage? Add a dresser to corral linens, art supplies, out-of-season clothing and more.
5. Fill the walls with family photos in coordinating frames.
6. Install custom built-ins to provide additional seating, storage or planters.
7. Light the way with statement-making fixtures.
8. Add a punch of pattern using loud print wallpaper.
9. Squeeze in a narrow console table to display lamps, books and decor.
10. Try half painted walls for a DIY dose of personality.