It’s time to reclaim the dining room table and carve out a dedicated space for your kids to study.
1. Transform the landing at the top of the stairs into a two-person workspace with ample task lighting.
2. Or take advantage of wasted space under the stairs by installing a floating desk.
Design News Alerts
Get the latest Interior Design tips and trends from Livabl sent to your inbox
4. Personalize the space with family photos and your kids’ own art projects.
5. Add houseplants to improve concentration and productivity.
6. Hack the IKEA ALEX drawer units into a child-size desk by simply adding a tabletop.
7. Slap on some chalkboard paint to keep track of upcoming events, homework assignments and household chores.
8. Turn an under-utilized closet into an efficient work station.
9. Maximize seating by designing an L-shaped desk that hugs a corner.
10. Looking to add built-in storage? Ask your contractor to include a desk or two in the design.
11. Choose comfy and stylish chairs that can double as extra seating when guests come over.
12. Use clear storage containers to make it easy for your kids to find exactly what they’re looking for.
13. Hang removable wallpaper to add some instant pizzaz to the space.
14. Or spruce it up with a couple cans of paint and framed artwork.
15. If you’re extra crafty, you could try recreating this funky corkboard wall mural.
16. Loft your child’s bed to carve out extra space underneath for a homework zone.
17. And finally, use a pegboard system to keep the station clutter-free and cheerful.