Why settle for a standard kitchen island when you could have one of these instead?
1. Open shelving adds visual lightness and allows for ample bar seating.
2. Handcrafted kitchen island legs create architectural interest while supporting a countertop overhang.
Design News Alerts
Get the latest Interior Design tips and trends from Livabl sent to your inbox
3. Budget-friendly removable decals add personality to a builder basic kitchen island.
4. A kitchen island with a custom, pull-out dining table makes hosting large get-togethers a breeze.
5. Maximizing island storage allows you to ditch upper cabinets altogether.
6. An integrated cutting board made from butcher block provides plenty of space for chopping vegetables.
7. Peek-a-boo storage cubbies allow you to display cookbooks, servingware and decorative objects.
8. Choosing a contrasting color or material for the island amps up interest in an otherwise all-white kitchen.
9. A round kitchen island topped with marble and detailed with cane webbing dares to be different.
10. An attached dining table at a lower elevation offers a laid-back vibe.
11. And finally, an L-shaped island with built-in banquette seating is the ultimate luxury.