How to hack your way to an elevated outdoor living space.
1. Transform a $5.99 MARIUS stool into an industrial modern accent table using a 12×12-inch cement stepping stone.
So cheap, so chic. Check out the full tutorial on Garrison Street Design Studio.
2. Give the ALSEDA stool a lift with table legs and a sheet of plywood.
Full disclosure: You’re gonna need a couple power tools to make this happen. Hunker provides the step-by-step instructions.
Design News Alerts
Get the latest Interior Design tips and trends from Livabl sent to your inbox
3. Turn the HYLLIS indoor/outdoor shelf unit (only $16.99!) into a trendy wall planter.
4. Update a ho-hum HINDÖ storage cabinet using a can of spray paint.
This specific storage cabinet is no longer available, but the HINDÖ potting bench is a solid alternative. Find out how to expertly prep and paint your cabinet on One O.
5. DIY a stylish rattan coffee table by removing the handles of the SNIDAD basket.
6. Hack the VARIERA plastic bag dispenser into a vertical planter.
Grow strawberries, succulents, lettuce and more in these versatile vessels. Kissa from Oh Kissa dishes the dirt on this easy DIY project here.
7. If you’ve got rudimentary sewing skills, you too can create three throw pillows out of an outdoor SIGNE rug.
8. Makeover the SALTHOLMEN bistro set using a couple containers of mineral paint.
How cool is that ikat pattern? You can find detailed instructions on the Fusion Mineral Paint blog.
9. Use two FNISS trash cans to build a modern outdoor planter.
At $1.99 a pop, these three-gallon trash cans are quite the steal. Simply hot glue the bases together and don’t forget to drill drainage holes!
10. Shibori dye the cushion covers of a KUNGSHOLMEN sofa and lock in the color with waterproofing fabric spray.