For those who have champagne taste on a beer budget.
1. Bamboo plate holders? No, ma’am, that’s a customizable floating shelf (for roughly $12).
2. Let’s face it, the LACK side table is seriously ~lacking~ style. Use Plexiglass acrylic sheets to transform it into a mirrored cube.
3. With a $5.99 MARIUS stool, a can of spray paint and a fluffy throw pillow, you too can create a cute-as-can-be makeup vanity stool.
Design News Alerts
Get the latest Interior Design tips and trends from Livabl sent to your inbox
4. Glamify the $19.99 GLADOM tray table using marble contact paper and a can of metallic spray paint.
5. You don’t need to hire a professional to reupholster the $39.00 SKOGSTA bench — a staple gun, foam and your favorite fabric will do.
6. Need to squeeze a console into a narrow entryway? Pair the $55.99 EKBY ALEX with chic hairpin legs.
7. Turn a $14.99 bench cushion into a high-end headboard using the fabric of your choice and leather strips.
8. Take that $39.99 TARVA nightstand from drab to fab with textured wallpaper and teal chalk paint.
9. Cover a MALM dressing table in peel-and-stick wallpaper to give it a punch of pattern.
10. Disguise a $99.00 HEMNES shoe cabinet as a card catalog using wood scraps and vintage-inspired hardware.
11. Give a $14.99 galvanized HYLLIS shelf an industrial edge with black spray paint and stained wood boards.
12. Everyone and their mother owns a SINNERLIG pendant lamp — personalize yours with colorful tassels.
13. Make a basic MALM dresser sparkle and shine using gold contact paper.
14. If you’re feeling extra ambitious, you could Rit dye a KARLSTAD sofa, replace the legs and add buttons for tufting.
15. Use an EKBY VALTER bracket (only $6.50) to hang plants without damaging the ceiling.
16. Paint the bottom of a $12.99 FLÅDIS seagrass basket and add pompoms for a touch of whimsy.
17. Morph the cult-favorite IVAR into a sophisticated bar cabinet (because you’re going to need a drink after completing all these hacks).