Why replace when you could reface?
1. Add crown molding to builder basic cabinets to make them look custom.
2. Crown molding can also be used to extend cabinetry to the ceiling.
3. Use removable wallpaper to spruce up a rental kitchen without sacrificing your deposit.
Design News Alerts
Get the latest Interior Design tips and trends from Livabl sent to your inbox
4. Or, if you’re extremely patient and meticulous, use colorful washi tape.
5. Paint honey oak cabinets to bring them into this decade.
6. Add some ‘jewelry’ to your kitchen by changing out the hardware.
7. Remove cabinet doors for instant open shelving.
8. Wallpaper the inside of glass front cabinets in a striking pattern.
9. Or, paint them for an unexpected pop of color.
10. Amp up visual interest with fretwork on cabinet doors.
11. Brighten up your space using under cabinet and interior cabinet lighting.
12. Paint lower cabinets a contrasting color for a modern two-tone look.
13. Replace glass in cabinet doors with vintage-inspired metal grilles.