Here's how to take your builder's box up a notch.
1. This stately staircase with board and batten wood siding.
2. This moody master bedroom adorned with decorative moulding.
3. Or this black-painted shiplap feature wall in a designer's home office.
4. This glass-front cabinetry all dressed up with decorative mullions.
5. This inviting entryway that boasts shoulder-height wainscoting.
6. These built-in shelves backed with whitewashed beadboard.
7. And this glam dining space outfitted with applied moulding.
8. This ornate ceiling medallion that draws the eye upward.
9. This striking yellow sliding door with intricate trim.
10. This coffered ceiling accentuated by dentil moulding.
11. Or this Parisian-inspired space embellished with rosettes.
12. This blue-hued chair rail in a masculine master bedroom.
13. And finally, this custom millwork extravaganza that's a modern take on classic style.