Grilling and chilling in the great outdoors.
1. Install a simple pegboard system for organizing grill tools and accessories.
2. Design a kitchen servery (this one features a gas strut window) to easily deliver and retrieve dishes.
3. A covered kitchen and dining area will prevent the weather from ruining your plans.
Design News Alerts
Get the latest Interior Design tips and trends from Livabl sent to your inbox
4. If you rent or intend to move in the near future, opt for a modular outdoor kitchen system that you can take with you.
5. Install outdoor refrigerator drawers to ensure that your brewskis are always kept cold…
6. …or a warming drawer to keep your side dishes nice and toasty.
7. An outdoor island can be used for meal prep *and* additional seating.
8. Choose a non-porous countertop material such as granite, soapstone, concrete or tile.
9. If you have the yard space, build your outdoor kitchen in a separate structure to create a retreat-like feel.
10. Don’t forget about proper lighting — ambient and task lighting are essential in any kitchen.
11. Laser-cut panels add privacy and style to your outdoor grilling space.
12. Add a pop of color with brightly hued appliances (like these from Hestan).
13. And finally, construct your outdoor kitchen behind a retractable wall to protect it from the elements or tuck it out of sight when not in use.