A clean fridge is a happy fridge.
1. First things first: take everything out of the fridge, throw out expired items and wipe that baby down.
2. Buy or DIY fridge liners to clean up future spills with ease.
3. Get yourself some stackable clear plastic bins and label them.
4. Arrange your shelves like the image below to optimize freshness.
4. Create a self-serve health snack bin for the kiddos.
5. Prevent food waste by using external reminders.
6. Store lettuce (or entire salads) in mason jars to lock in freshness for up to one month.
7. Use Pyrex storage to reheat leftovers in a jiff.
8. Save space with can organizers for beer and soda.
9. Use egg trays prevent strong food odours from penetrating the egg’s shell.
10. Store fresh herbs in a few inches of water and pop a plastic bag over the top to keep them perky.
11. Arrange your condiments on a Lazy Susan.
12. A six-pack carrier is also helpful for condiments you use on a daily basis.
13. If your shelves are extra deep, consider adding hook on pull-out drawers.
14. Store pre-cut veggies in separate containers to save time when you’re cooking.
15. A stackable wine rack is a must for pinot grigio drinkers.
16. Keep masking tape and a Sharpie close by so you can label containers and jot down expiry dates.
17. And finally, purchase some beer loft magnets to free up much-needed shelf space.