Small space, big style.
1. Carry the color scheme that you have in your home into your outdoor space.
2. Make the most of your small balcony by utilizing wall space.
3. Lay down new flooring overtop drab concrete.
4. If you’re a renter, use an outdoor rug to glam up your space.
Design News Alerts
Get the latest Interior Design tips and trends from Livabl sent to your inbox
5. Turn a pallet into a budget-friendly outdoor bench.
6. DIY a geometric succulent garden out of cinderblocks.
7. Hang a hammock on your balcony for ~ultimate relaxation.~
8. Add plenty of string lights to make use of your space day and night.
9. Or, light up a few lanterns for a bohemian aesthetic.
10. Use decorative privacy screens to add character to a boring balcony.
11. Billowy outdoor curtains offer a luxurious vibe.
12. Embrace space-saving designs, such as this rail hanging bar.
13. Grow a container garden to easily transfer plants indoors when the temperature dips.
14. Use accent tables that double as extra seating.
15. Storage benches are great for windy balconies — you can tuck away pillows and accessories when they’re not in use.
16. Laser-cut metal screens are totally worth the investment.
17. Miss the lush look of a backyard? Try artificial grass.
18. Trendy rattan furniture is great for outdoor use.
19. And finally, install a shelving unit to display potted plants and decor accents.