Make the most of what you have.
1. White paint creates the illusion of more space.
2. A banquette adds extra seating in a cramped kitchen.
Design News Alerts
Get the latest Interior Design tips and trends from Livabl sent to your inbox
3. Wall mounted hooks keep bags and coats off the floor.
4. A scaled-down sofa won’t overwhelm the space.
5. Awkward architectural details can be used to your advantage.
6. A dresser can double as a bedside table.
7. Or, place it at the foot of your bed for additional countertop space.
8. Steamer trunks make the best coffee tables because they offer plenty of storage.
9. A room divider makes a “bedroom” feel more intimate and cozy.
10. No room for a sofa? Try two lounge chairs instead.
11. Wall-mounted shelves take up far less floor space than bookshelves.
12. A rolling kitchen cart is perfect for meal prep *and* functions as a dining table.
13. Take advantage of the full height of your ceiling and use a hanger hook to remove clothing items.
14. An open back bookcase will visually separate your studio.
15. Loft your bed and establish a living area underneath.
16. Use throw pillows to transform your bed into a comfortable couch when guests come over.
17. And finally, paint your kitchen in a contrasting color to distinguish it from the rest of the space.