Glædelig Jul, everybody!
1. DIY an alternative Christmas tree (out of birch, of course).
2. Hang plenty of paper star lanterns.
3. Decorate with winter berries for a festive pop of color.
4. Buy a handcrafted Filigrantræ and never clean up pine needles again.
5. Use a basket as a Christmas tree skirt.
6. Count down to Christmas with Advent candles.
7. Make himmeli, traditional Finnish Christmas decorations, out of party straws and wire.
8. Add warmth and texture with throw blankets.
9. Craft a greenery garland using this easy tutorial from Homey Oh My.
10. Use a glass cloche to elevate an item you love, like this nutcracker ornament.
11. Plant forced bulbs such as hyacinths or paperwhites.
12. Use a wreath ring for a minimalist take on a Christmas staple.
13. Opt for natural materials like jute, grapevine and branches.
14. Adorn a tabletop tree with a wooden bead garland.
15. Put pine sprigs in clear glass bottles, and top them off with candlesticks.
16. Play around with different types of indoor lighting.
17. Choose a black and white color palette, rather than the tried-and-true red and green.
18. Add a tomte or two — it’s a mythological creature from Scandinavian folklore.
19. House-shaped lanterns scatter the light beautifully.
20. Ripe winter citrus adds a welcome splash of color.
21. DIY your own decor by tying a tiny Christmas tree to a vintage toy car.
22. And finally, embrace the concept of hygge by gathering together around the fire.