Why spend $1,200 on an upholstered headboard when you can DIY instead of buy? We’ve come up with 25 creative ideas for decorating a bedroom sans headboard.
1. Glue together various size birch slices for an earthy look.
2. Reclaimed wood wall art will do the trick.
Browse EleventyOneStudio’s Etsy shop for similar products.
3. Or go with plywood for a minimalist aesthetic.
4. Upcycled shutters look good too.
5. Start a new chapter with a DIY book headboard.
6. An oversized piece of art is creatively cool.
7. Weathered doors look especially pretty.
8. A washi tape design takes about $3 and ten minutes of your time.
9. Send the right message with a light box headboard.
10. A pull-down classroom map is old school cool.
11. Upcycled windows have shabby chic appeal.
12. A pallet headboard is simple yet stylish.
13. Seek out good vibes with a tapestry.
14. Personalize your bedroom with a chalkboard headboard.
15. A mirror will make your room appear larger.
16. Create the perfect #shelfie behind your bed.
17. Channel the 70s with a macramé wall hanging.
18. Rugs aren’t just for floors.
19. Install a pegboard to hang all the things!
20. On a budget? Paint a headboard onto the wall.
21. Cover a portion of your wall in Stikwood.
22. A fireplace mantle looks whimsical when paired with prints.
23. Affix cushions to the wall for a relaxed vibe.
24. Obscure objects add intrigue.