Collections were meant to be appreciated, not shoved away in a box! Display yours using one of these creative ideas.
1. Use chalkboard paint to mark and label your antique cameras.
Photo: Shawn Hoke/Flickr
Check out Shawn’s film photography website here.
2. Own a few vintage suitcases? Turn them into a side table.
Read the full post here.
3. Keep crystals and minerals organized in a glass display case.
More styling tips here.
4. Scour thrift stores for a spoon holder and update it with spray paint.
Additional pictures here.
5. Turn your childhood toys into an awesome lamp.
6. Create instant wall art with hats.
7. Or, do the same with ceramic plates.
More photos here.
8. Seashells look striking when placed in a glass display case.
9. Built-in shelving makes this colorful teacup collection pop.
10. Take your skateboards out of the garage and onto the wall.
The above photo is of skateboarder Rob Dyrdek’s impressive collection.
11. A shadow box is perfect for showing off vintage keys.
12. Spray paint bulldog clips and attach them to the wall with sticky tack to create a gallery wall with Polaroids.
DIY tutorial here.
13. Antique clocks lend rustic charm to a fireplace mantle.
See more photos of this shabby chic dining room reveal here.
14. Frame your map collection to make a gallery wall.
See more photos of this home office reveal here.
15. Antique mirrors are especially pretty when hung from a peg coat rack.
Additional photos here.
16. Hang guitars on the wall to save space and add personality.
DIY tutorial here.
17. Group cow skulls and antlers together to make a feature wall.
18. Make this DIY clothes pin scarf holder to show off your faves.
Watch the video tutorial here.
19. Use a recycled bottle as a picture frame *and* a vase.
Check out the genius tutorial here.
20. Hang antique license places with pegboard.
21. And finally, DIY these vinyl display rails using aluminum channel and drywall screws.
More detailed instructions here.