Fake it ’til you make it.
1. Coat any and all flat surfaces in marble contact paper.
Check out the tutorial here.
2. Use metallic spray paint to give new life to a dull or dated lighting fixture.
Detailed instructions here.
3. Accent wooden shelves with upcycled leather belts.
So dapper! DIY here.
4. Create faux built-in bookcases using crown moulding.
Get the how-to here.
5. Paint dip serving ware, chair legs, thrift store art, vases and more.
Super easy tutorial here.
6. Transform an ordinary cabinet into a vintage-inspired library card catalog.
7. Sew smaller rugs together to make a stylish area rug.
You’ll save so much money. Tutorial here.
8. Decorate everyday items with washi tape.
DIY and washi tape for sale here.
9. Apply gold leaf to plant pots, vases, coasters or votives.
Learn how to gild everything you own here.
10. Replace or repaint hardware.
You can buy these bow shaped gold metal knobs for $8.95 each online at The Land of Nod.
11. Dress up mirrors, windows and furniture with O’verlays.
A total ‘why didn’t I think of that?’ business idea. Check out the before and after here.
12. Afraid of commitment? Use wall decals or removable wallpaper.
You can buy this removable cactus wallpaper from the LivettesKIDS Etsy shop.
13. Give your furniture a distressed look using petroleum jelly.
Easier than it looks! Get the tutorial here.
14. Make your IKEA furniture pop with a new set of legs.
Prettypegs offers furniture legs for various furniture brands, including IKEA.
15. Use Stikwood to easily transform an accent wall, fireplace, kitchen island, headboard or bookshelf.
16. Reupholster a worn-out or dated piece of furniture.
So fresh! Detailed instructions here.
17. Marble-dip boring ceramics using nail polish and water.
Check out our very own DIY video here.
18. Fancify a plastic trash can using rope and hot glue.
A $1.99 plastic trash can from IKEA gets a whole new look. Tutorial here.
19. Give clear glass bottles a colorful, frosted look.
Made from materials you probably have at home. Instructions here.
20. Add playful patterns to throw pillows, dish towels, curtains or blankets using potato stamps and fabric paint.
That’s one hot potato. Tutorial here.
21. Use hot glue to attach pom pom trim to curtains, duvet covers, pillows and more.
No-sew instructions here.
22. Macramé your way to hanging houseplants.
So cute! Tutorial here.
23. And finally, use wallpaper in unexpected places.