Video and photography: James Bombales
Producer and editor: Kelsey Pudloski
- ceramic coasters
- nail polish
- warm water
- Fill an old or disposable container with warm water. The nail polish may leave residue on it, so make sure you’re ok with a little damage.
- Pour nail polish onto the surface of the water, swirling as you go to create the design of your choosing. Bright polishes work best — we bought ours at the dollar store for $2 each. You can also use a toothpick to blend the colors together.
- Very quickly, dunk the coaster into the solution. If you leave it in too long, the nail polish will begin to clump.
- Set the coaster onto a sheet of newspaper or a disposable plate. Wait two hours for it to dry completely.
- For best results, change the water every time you marble dip a new coaster.