Photo: Shari’s Berries/Flickr
What are you doing New Year’s Eve? If you’re hosting a party in the comfort of your own home, well then congratulations! You’ve made the right choice. Have you ever tried to hail a cab after the ball drops?! It’s a traumatic experience that involves a lot of sequins, sweat and tears. To help you ring in the New Year in style, we’ve rounded up 16 DIY decor projects that will make your party sparkle and shine.
1. Disposable dinnerware never looked so good! Use spray adhesive and craft glitter to get toasty.
Photo and DIY tutorial: ideas.evite.com
2. Cut numbers out of cardboard and wrap them in gold fringe.
Photo and DIY tutorial: ruffledblog.com
3. Create a glimmering photo backdrop using tinsel, cardboard, double-sided tape and Command hooks.
Photo and DIY tutorial: woodandgrain.com
4. Make these super simple toothpick toppers using pom-poms and a glue gun.
5. A star garland can be kept up all year long.
Photo and DIY tutorial: sayyes.com
6. Fill clear balloons with confetti and pop them at midnight.
7. Once again, glitter makes plastic utensils look glamorous.
Photo and DIY tutorial: sugarandcloth.com
8. Use metallic ornaments as pretty place card holders.
9. Drink champagne and dance on the table under these faux Disco balls.
Photo and DIY tutorial: twodelighted.com
10. Have leftover ornaments? Of course you do. Use them to fill up a few vases.
11. Decorate with clocks. The look is timeless!
12. Make your own ice bucket to chill the champagne in.
13. Frame this free printable and add it to your gallery wall.
Photo and free printable: creatingreallyawesomefreethings.com
14. Write down your resolutions. Maybe this year they’ll stick.
Photo and DIY tutorial: rosyglasses.com
15. Place thin, sparkler-like candles in a glass of silver beads.
16. Don’t let El Niño get you down! Create your own snow using marshmallows, thread and a needle.
Photo and DIY tutorial: treasuresandtravelsblog.com