Valentine’s Day is unabashedly cheesy — if you’ve forgotten how bad it can get just take a stroll down the seasonal aisle of your local pharmacy. But adding a little romance to your home decor doesn’t have to involve doilies or artificial rose petals. Here are 10 buy or DIY decorating ideas to get you in the mood.
1. A decorative throw pillow.
2. DIY washi tape geometric heart. Just follow this simple tutorial via homeyohmy.com.
3. A statement-making throw blanket. This one is available online through Urban Outfitters for $79.
4. DIY conversation hearts creation. The vase, candle and conversation hearts can be purchased at the dollar store.
5. Free printables as art. Click on the links below to download.
6. Festive bunting. Saying “I love you” in French just sounds sexier. Buy this bunting at Anthropologie for $14.95.
7. Heart-shaped party balloons. These are from Urban Outfitters and retail for $4 each — they’re also available in metallic gold.
8. A lighting fixture inspired by Cupid’s arrow. The ‘Artemis’ can be purchased from DAMM for $325.
9. Cross-stitch embroidery hoop. Your grandmother may or may not approve.
10. Pixel heart heat changing mug. The perfect gift for the Zelda lover in your life — available on thinkgeek.com for $11.99.