74 Maujer roof deck

Photos via East Williamsburg Realty

A Williamsburg church-to-residential conversion at 81 Ten Eyck Street is now leasing.

Also known as 74 Maujer Street, the corner building formerly served as the Church of St. Mary of the Immaculate Conception, or St. Mary’s. The project has 40 units; pricing for available apartments ranges from $2,600 for a one-bedroom to $5,000 for a four-bedroom, one-bathroom. Select units have balconies.

The Catholic Church still owns the 27,500-square-foot plot, but developer Leonard Terrace LLC leased the property from them for $6 million in 2012, Brownstoner reported. The 48-year term ends September 30, 2059. In January 2012, the developer filed permits to convert the three-story building into apartments, including a partial demolition of the existing structure and vertical extension to five stories. Nataliya Donskoy is the architect of record.

Amenities include a laundry room, lounge, roof deck and bike parking.

In June, Brownstoner posted construction photos of the facade. Listing photos below:

74 Maujer kitchen

74 Maujer interior

74 Maujer bathroom 2

74 Maujer hallway

81 Ten Eyck mailbox

Last photo: Full Time Management

St. Mary’s was founded in 1853, the Brooklyn Daily Eagle reported. In 2007, the church joined with Most Holy Trinity, located five blocks away. The blended congregation worships at Holy Trinity’s property at 138 Montrose Avenue.

Developments featured in this article

More Like This

Facebook Chatter