Permits issued March 7th call for a five-unit building with 11,717 square feet of residential space and 1,783 square feet of commercial space on the ground floor. The second through fifth levels will have full-floor apartments, while a triplex will occupy the sixth through eighth stories. Rising 100 feet tall, the building will have a setback on top and aluminum double hung windows.
The developer is Lauto Group. In July 2012, the Landmarks Preservation Commission approved plans to enlarge the existing landmarked three-story building, partially convert the space to apartments and improve the facade, Curbed reported. However, a permit was filed May 2013 to demolish the 1893 Romanesque Revival property, while keeping the front facade as “per LPC.” Previous elevation drawings of the project showed a six-story street wall with a two-story setback (compare the below to the construction site rendering, which indicates a seven-story street wall):
The project is slated to be completed Spring 2015, according to construction signage.