The Riverview at 183 Columbia Heights is sold out.
The seven-unit prewar building, originally built in 1899, has six full-floor three-bedrooms and a garden duplex with two private outdoor spaces. Residences feature keyed elevator entry, wide plank solid oak floorings, bathrooms with radiant heat marble floors, in-unit washer/dryer and kitchens fitted with Miele, Viking and Smeg appliances, as well as Caesarstone countertops.
David Mitchell of Mitchell Holdings acquired the property for $6.6 million in April 2012, and the Jeffrey Cole-designed development went on the market in October 2013, according to Curbed. Asking prices ranged from $1.9 million to $2.45 million. Douglas Elliman handled sales.
Original developer Louis Horowitz erected the seven-story brick building for the luxury set, marketing the Riverview as the “most aristocratic apartment house in Brooklyn,” according to Brooklyn Eagle adverts in 1900. The project came with a newfangled elevator (the borough’s first in a residential building), along with liveried hall boys and long-distance phone service in every home.
The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York bought the building in the 1980s; the Riverhouse was one of 17 properties in Brooklyn Heights and DUMBO sold by the Jehovah’s Witnesses in recent years, the Brooklyn Eagle reported.