The East Village is one of Calgary’s fastest growing neighbourhoods, and there’s much more development to come in the future — as demonstrated by a new 3D animation from the Calgary Municipal Land Corporation (CMLC).
“Our new video is a realistic view of what East Village will look like in a few short years from now,” said CMLC president and CEO Michael Brown. “I think Calgarians will be awestruck to learn how the east side of downtown is transforming into a new urban village; if you haven’t been here in a while, it’s worth the trip to see all the change.”
New East Village developments that will launch or begin in 2014 include:
- Divestment of a parcel of land for the neighbourhood’s first new rental apartment complex
- Announcement of the first multi-family project by a local developer (spring 2014)
- Grand opening of the new St. Patrick’s Island Bridge (fall 2014)
- Site work and encapsulation of the LRT tracks, which will pass under the New Central Library
- Public unveiling of the final and approved schematic design for the New Central Library (fall 2014)
- Construction start of the new 300 room, dual branded, Hilton Hotel (spring 2014)
For more, the complete CMLC announcement can be found here.