We’re not ones to start a real estate beef, but we can’t help but ask: who has a better year-end round up video, the Toronto Real Estate Board or the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver? Forget the “who is the real estate sales powerhouse” debate, it’s the battle of the social media teams!
Nah, we’re just kidding around. We are, however, very pleased to see that the December update from REBGV is so positive.
Here’s a quick look at the key points from the video:
- There were 32,390 sales of residential properties on the regional MLS system
- 2011 figure is up 6 per cent from 2010 sales, but 6 per cent below 10 year average
- There were 59,549 listings in 2011, the 2nd highest total in 10 years
- The benchmark price for all residential property types increased 7.6 per cent in the region in 2011
- This figure has edge down by 1.5 per cent since hitting a peak in June