July 19th, 2010
By now we’re sure you’ve heard of – and possibly even entered – the “Name our Condo” contest currently causing quite a stir in Toronto, and across the continent!
There has been widespread news coverage of the competition thanks to some, how shall we put this, “joke” names being entered.
Here’s our favourite funny ones out of the over 800 names that have been entered so far!
- nice building – simple, straightforward, to the point!
- JustDoIt– If nike wanted a building named after their slogan, surely their budget would cover the naming rights!
- Neverland – Michael Jackson could live forever in Toronto!
- The Hot Dog Tower – named for its resemblance to the street meat, or simply for love of the food?!
- Faulty Towers – we would hope that living in the building bears little or no resemblance to staying in the hotel!
- Trojan Condos – no comment!
- HELP ME WIN AN IPAD TOWER – blatant, desperate, and slightly confusing – surely it should be HELP ME WIN $5,000 TOWER – who wants to come in 2nd or 3rd?!
- Nakatomi Towers – hopefully you get the movie reference!
Special mentions need to go to the pun based entries (Condo-leeza Rice, The Yonge and the Restless, Yonge at heart, Condo mints, Yonge & Beautiful, Forever Yonge, Yonge Love, I cant believe its not condo) and the topical ones too ( ConanOBrien vs Jay Leno, Eyjafjallajökull, G20)
If you haven’t entered already head over to the contest page here to do so.
Check back tomorrow for our Top 10 WORST NAMES, and Wednesday for our TOP 10 FAVOURITES.