June 23, 2010
So… unless you’ve been living under a rock for the last oh, I don’t know, two hours or you rely on newspapers to get your news, you’ve heard about the earthquake, which shook the province… and twitter.
Here are the TOP 7 funniest twitter posts related to the earthquake, with #1 being the most-funny:
7. BlockClub From Room – EARTHQUAKE SALE: today only save 5.5% on all purchases at room…excludes sale items #buffalo#earthquake roomforhome.com
6. MuchMusic it’s ok @justinbieber is safe guys #earthquake
4. jrichardson2150 The Quebec joke is officially stale #earthquake (In response to philippec’s tweet: Quebec is finally separating #earthquake)
3. CouchMaster A very Canadian #earthquake – understated, non-violent and overreacted to in T-Dot. Surprised they didn’t call in the army.
2. kylemcinnes Ottawa government buildings evacuated. Productivity unaffected #earthquake
1. ALL_CAPS Thanks to the earthquake, I can measure the Speed of News, Twitter: 20 seconds Radio: 20 minutes Televesion: 35 minutes Newspaper: Tomorrow
So there you have it folks! That’s how the developed world reacts to a natural disaster, trying to be witty on our favourite social media outlet. Why can’t Haiti just do that? Oh right, they have real problems.