It is expected that Northrop Grumman Corp. will formally announce today that it will be moving its corporate headquarters from Los Angeles to Northern Virginia.
So, who is Northrop Grumman? Why all the hoopla??
Check these facts out…
– 121,000 employees worldwide
– Its government relations operations currently occupy more than 140,000 square feet in Arlington, with 400 employees there.
– Northrop Grumman had 2009 revenue of $34.9 billion and $1.7 billion in earnings.
– It operates in five distinct business lines: Aerospace, Electronics, Information Systems, Shipbuilding and Technical Services.
– In 1989, it had the first successful flight of the B-2 Stealth Bomber.
– Current CEO Wesley Bush, 48, had total 2009 compensation of $10.4 million.
Okay, so I guess it is pretty big news!